Terms & Conditions for Web Design and Development by Bigtime Media
My terms for website projects are described here. They should help us when working together. Please note that sometimes a more extensive contract would be agreed. The terms are primarily for web design projects but also include web hosting and domain names.
Before the Work Starts
- A specification is agreed before any work on a project starts. This will be decided together and will be determined before a price is given for the project. If I provide you with an estimate for work before a full specification is provided, this is only an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is decided. A full specification would normally need all website content to be provided and the functionality agreed i.e. a full list of requirements for your website and design must be provided ASAP.
- After a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start and completion date will be provided to the client (providing deposit(s) are paid on time).
Payments and Deposit
- Once a price is agreed, a 30% non-refundable deposit will be invoiced; it must be paid and received by myself at Bigtime Media before any work will commence.
- The remaining 70% will be invoiced once the project is complete. The final payment of 70% must be paid within 7 working days (as specified on invoices) of my involvement in the project being complete.
- If the project takes longer than 1 month, I may ask for an interim payment(s) based on the work completed. Interim payment(s) will be deducted from the final 70% payment.
- Should work have commenced and decide you no longer wish to continue with the project, a cancellation fee may be charged based on the amount of work completed. Where no work has commenced then no additional charge will be applied.
- For smaller jobs, the deposit will be at my discretion and costs may vary.
- I will make every effort to meet the agreed completion date. Circumstances do sometimes change and if for any reason I cannot meet the agreed completion date, I will endeavour to notify you, giving as much notice as possible.
- Any requests for work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing (for example, by email).
- Requests for extra work or changes to the project specification after the specification is agreed, or are requested after the project has started, will affect the agreed completion date and agreed price. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed, will be invoiced in advance as an interim payment.
- If, for whatever reason, the client would like to move the completion date to an earlier time than agreed, an ‘early completion fee’ will apply, although this will be agreed before the work is started.
- In addition to testing and checks that I carry out, it is the client’s responsibility to check over the finished project and notify me of any issues.
- I build the website to follow current web standards (within the agreed specification and budget). It will be tested to support for e.g. the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. If you need further browser support, this should be discussed at the start of the project and can be included in the original quote and price.
- If the site specification includes a mobile device friendly design (a responsive design), I will test the site on Android smartphone, tablet, and an Apple iOS device. Other testing may be possible/arranged but will incur additional costs.
- Web hosting is payable yearly. I will notify you giving 14 days notice of the annual renewal date and the fee due. Payments must be made within 7 days of the renewal date. You MUST notify me in writing or by email should you wish to cancel your web hosting. Text messages or verbal communication will not be accepted. No refunds will be given if hosting is cancelled after the annual renewal has taken place.
- Web hosting accounts will be suspended 1 week (7 days) after the invoice is due if payment has not been received. This means that a website will not be visible to visitors. It can be restored upon full payment of the invoice.
- Before a project can commence your chosen Domain name must be secured and purchased. Domain names are purchased on your behalf. Once a domain name has been secured, fees will apply per domain name regardless of any work commencing on your project. As soon as this fee has been received ownership of the domain will then transfer to you. Please be advised the domain name you have requested may not always be available.
- Domain renewal fees are payable yearly. As with web hosting all terms and conditions listed above will apply here.
- Payment must be made within 7 days of completed web design projects. For other work, e.g smaller web development jobs or minor site changes, it is 14 days.
- I am not currently VAT registered.
- Once your website has been activated or is live and an error or fault has occurred, please contact me ASAP giving at least 24 hours notice and I will aim to resolve any issues as soon as possible or within a further 24 hours. Please be advised some issues may take longer to resolve but I will always endeavour to try and fix them within 48 hours or 3 days max.
- Costs for my labour may be incurred should the error have occurred due to client interference.
Final Terms & Conditions
- Paying the first 30% deposit acts as an agreement for the above terms.
- Paying for smaller jobs also acts as an agreement with the above.
- Once your website is live and additional changes are requested, costs will be incurred and will be submitted to you via invoice. Agreement to any additional works to be carried out and my costs must be given in writing or via email. Text messages or verbal communication will not be accepted.
You will be held responsible for, and accept responsibility for, any defamatory, confidential, secret or other proprietary material available via your web site or email. We reserve the right to remove material deemed inappropriate from your web pages, without prior notice. Bigtime Media do not allow their servers to be used for any illegal purpose. For the avoidance of doubt Bigtime Media does not permit the use of its servers for adult content.
To protect your privacy we will never distribute your name, company name, contact details or email address to any third parties, without your permission to do so. All information will be held on our secure database and used for our communication purposes only. You will be responsible for the content of your website and emails, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include and ensuring that their contents do not violate UK law. These Terms and Conditions may be amended and updated at any time without notice.